By Kelly Baughman
Summertime is the best time to get out and experience all that makes the Gulf Coast great. Between the upcoming Fourth of July Celebrations around town, the hometown favorite Blue Angels Pensacola Beach show, fabulous concerts at The Wharf, and much more, there are so many reasons to make the summer of 2019 the most exciting and memorable summer of your life!
– The City of Gulf Shores will celebrate the Fourth of July with a stunning fireworks display, beginning at 9pm on Thursday, July 4. According to organizers, fireworks will be shot from the southern end of the 1500 foot fishing pier, leaving Gulf State Park, Gulf Shores Public Beach and surrounding areas as ideal locations for spectators. “We can’t thank Gulf State Park enough for their partnership allowing us to put on this wonderful show,” said Recreation and Cultural Affairs Director Grant Brown.
For more information about the City of Gulf Shores’ Fourth of July fireworks, contact the Special Events Division at 251-968-1174 or visit www.gulfshoresal.gov.
– The Lodge at Gulf State Park 4th of July Lower Alabama Luau will fill you with delicious food and the joy of fireworks lighting up the sky. The party starts at 6 pm at the Dunes Terrace, and will last until 10:30 pm. The buffet will feature Smoked Tuna Dip, Southern Style Deviled Eggs, a whole suckling pig roast with Pineapple Soy Sauce, Chimichurri, Corn Bread & King Rolls, a grilled Conecuh sausage bar, shrimp boil and much more. Adult tickets are $43, kids 4-12 are just $10, and kids 3 and under are free.
Fireworks Presentation starts at 9, and Resident DJ Magic Miles will be providing tunes until 10:30 pm. For reservations or more information, call 251-923-2950.
– Join OWA for a 4th of July Extravaganza! Celebrate Independence Day at OWA with an epic fireworks show at 8:45 pm on July 4th. This marvelous show timed perfectly with music can be seen throughout the entire property. Come early and save your seat for the show of the summer! You might even catch a GLOWA performance in Downtown OWA.
Admission to the fireworks show and downtown OWA is free, regular park admission applies beyond the gates. For more information, call 251-923-2111.
– Join the Perdido Beach Resort for their annual Independence Day Celebration with the biggest fireworks show on the island. Festivities on Thursday, July 4th include a spectacular fireworks display and the Mixed Nuts performing live on the Beach Deck starting at 6 pm. Build sandcastles under the sun, cool off with a dip in the pool and enjoy creating memories that you can only find at the Perdido Beach Resort. A Southern Barbeque Buffet will be served for just $37 + tax per adult, with a Kids menu available at $15.00 + tax per child 12 & under.
For more information or to book your tickets now, call Perdido Beach Resort at 251-981-9811 Ext. 103.
– After the fireworks have faded, keep an eye on the sky this week as the U.S. Navy Blue Angels get ready to dazzle the hometown crowd with their annual Red, White, & Blues Week Pensacola Beach show. Set to amaze crowds July 10th through the 13th, the show highlights our hometown heroes, the Blue Angels, the U. S. Navy’s flight demonstration squadron stationed at Forrest Sherman Field aboard Naval Air Station Pensacola. The Blues hold several practice sessions along the beach in the days leading up to the big event on show day. The show takes place at the Gulfside Pavilion at Casino Beach, located at 2 Casino Beach Blvd, but can be seen from various point on Quietwater Beach and Little Sabine as well. The schedule is as follows:
July 10th: Breakfast with the Blues. Should be overhead 8 am.
July 11th: Practice flight demonstration with the Blue Angels at 2 pm.
July 12th: Dress Rehearsal with civilian acts and Blue Angels Rehearsal begins at Noon. Blue Angels fly at 2 pm.
July 13th: Pensacola Beach Air Show featuring the Blue Angels Show begins at Noon. Blue Angels fly at 2 pm.
– The most exciting fishing action on the Gulf Coast heats up at the 2019 Blue Marlin Grand Championship of the Gulf on Wednesday, Jul 10, 2019 – Saturday, Jul 13, 2019. The over-the-top weigh-in experience appropriately billed as “the greatest show in sport fishing.” Unlike any other tournament, fishing teams are the stars of the show, and will experience the kind of V.I.P. “rock star” treatment they won’t find anywhere else. The BMGC has been recognized as one of the Top 20 events in the Southeast.
The event is free to spectators for weigh ins. For anglers, a $2,500 nonrefundable entry deposit is required. For more information, call 251-224-1900.
– The 5th Annual Flora-Bama Gulf Coast Paddle Championship takes to the waters of Perdido Key on Saturday, July 20th from 8 am to 5 pm. Event will take place on Ole River at the Flora-Bama Ole River Bar and Grill. From paddle boards to kayaks, everyone can participate. $65.00 – Island Loop 10K & Ono Loop 20K (Includes Race Jersey) $45.00 – Terry Cove 5K (Includes Race Jersey) $25.00 – Fun Paddle 1K (Includes Race Jersey) $5.00 – Kid’s Race $65.00
The race is now a part of the Fastest in Florida Series, presented by Tunaskin and the Southern Stoke series. There will be vendors, demos, yoga and more. For more information or to register, email email@example.com or visit www.florabama.com.
– Get your fill of the sounds of summer at The Amphitheater at the Wharf’s CSpire Summer Concert Series. Upcoming concerts include:
Rascal Flatts in Concert With Special Guest: Jimmie Allen
July 5, 2019
Muscadine Bloodline in Concert @ The Port
July 6, 2019
Luke Bryan in Concert With Special Guest: Cole Swindell, Jon Langston, and DJ Rock
July 19th and 20th, 2019 (2 shows)
Little Big Town in Concert With Special Guest: Midland
August 17, 2019
Pentatonix in Concert With Special Guest: Rachel Platten
August 20, 2019
Brad Paisley in Concert With Special Guest: Chris Lane and Riley Green
August 22, 2019
Chris Stapleton in Concert With Special Guest: Brent Cobb and The Marcus King Band
August 31, 2019
Lynyrd Skynyrd in Concert With Special Guest: Cody Jinks
September 28, 2019
So whatever you’re into, the Gulf Coast has something to make your whole family never forget a summer filled with fun. Get out there and enjoy!