Gulf Shores will host it’s 40th annual Mardi Gras parade in 2018, and this year, it will follow a new route.
Construction at the main public beach and Highway 59 is disrupting the normal route. Now, the parade will start at the intersection of Highway 59 and Highway 182 and roll east along Highway 182 to Highway 135 at the Gulf State Park Pier. The parade rolls on Mardi Gras day, Tuesday, February 13, at 10 a.m.
The following traffic flow modifications will be in place that day:
- West Gulf Place will be closed.
- Parking will only be available for parade participants and float setup.
- Access to Highway 182 via West 1st and West 2nd Street will be closed. Traffic headed west or north will detour via West 3rd Street onto West 1st Ave.
- Access to Highway 182 via Highway 59 will be closed.
- Access to Highway 182 via East 1st, East 2nd, and East 4th Street will be closed.
- Traffic headed westbound on Highway 182 near the Gulf State Park Pier will be diverted to Highway 135 for access to Highway 59.
- All normal traffic conditions should resume.
If severe weather moves in and the parade is canceled, there will be no make-up date.